I’ve written a new version of the AudioFreeze firmware. Now it runs on a Teensy 3.6, so the sample buffer can be 5 times larger. I’ve also added cross-fading (although not when you move the sample window, or play in reverse, that’s on the todo list though), and a broken tape mode. This uses 2 random lfos, one for wow, and one for flutter, to alter the playback speed of the loop. I’m quite pleased with the results.
I noticed a strange issue where it seemed like the audio board was crashing when a high voltage was received from the contact mic. Strange, as I had the on-board attenuator turned up to almost max. Putting another attenuator in front solved the issue, but it needs more investigation.